Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Pick

My new "toy".
Photo by:  Lola

     For those of you who don't know what this lovely little tool is, it is a Pick machine.  It clamps the stem of a flower with a metal pick for you to stick into the styrofoam.

     The job I had while in high school was at a gift shop and we did floral arrangements etc.  That is where I learned the beauty of a pick machine.  I have wanted one since, but they were too expensive.  I was recently telling my mom that I would love to have one to make doing flower arrangements much quicker and easier.  Wouldn't you know it, about a month later I was doing my travels through the antique stores, when I spied two old pick machines. I snatched up and bought the one that was all metal and had all the parts.  I was so excited, it is now in my Cottage, where I do crafts etc and I am always Tickled Pink when getting to use it.  Like a little kid in a candy shop.

     Recently at another travel day through the antique shops, I found this wire basket (I have a whole collection, but always in need of a different size and shape).  At the time I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but while at the counter purchasing, my friend said something about potted flowers and boom!!, I finally had something for my outside table top center piece!!!  Never know where inspiration will come from, in this case, my best friend of nearly 33 years!!!  Thanks GIRLFRIEND!

Preparing these in my Cottage was fun. 
Photo by:  Lola


Now sitting on my outside table for a center piece.
Photo by:  Lola

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I love it! And I DEFINITELY did not know what that thing was. ;)

    ReplyDelete