Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Lot Can Be Said For Hard Work

Sweat, Backache and Sore Muscles are just a few of the words that come to mind when looking back at all the work it took to clear just a portion of the property that we have so far.   I so looked forward to using my weekends to drive out to the property after working all week to do MORE work!  HA!  Our girls had it figured out though, at that time they were 13 and 4 and would some how work it so they ended up sitting on lawn chairs listening to music, playing with the dogs or sleeping, while my husband used the chainsaw to happily (ok, that might be too strong of a description) cut limbs and trees down. (I hear Tim Allen making his grunt sounds to make the point this is a "manly" job).  Then I would drag all the limbs into a pile and rake up the remaining leaves etc.  (Hummmm, maybe I should use a donkey noise for me).  But I must say that after every weekend of driving out to the property to work with our hands and use the remaining trees and bushes as cover (for you know....as a bathroom) and eating the leftovers of whatever was left in the cooler from the girls "snacking" as my husband and I worked,  Ah yes, I must say it is quite the life one leads living in the country.   Another word that can be said for hard work......sleep, good hard solid SLEEP.

1 comment: