Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Little Faux


Photo By:  Lola


My husband always thinks I'm crazy when I explain what I project I want to do and even though he is not quite sure about what I'm doing lets me go through with it and is pleased with the results.  Here are the doors in my hallway that are just cheap plain white hollow core doors from a box store.   The plain white just didn't go with my rustic home so I faux painted them to match the trim and then added the cross pieces I made out of the left over trim so they would look like old barn doors.  I must say though, my family was quite happy when I was finally done since it took several steps and several weeks to finish.  Especially having door knobs again was great, but the animals I think preferred the doors without knobs (I had to touch up a few nose prints down low).  I still need to get the hammered nails to cover my screws (so don't look to close yet), but I hope they look like real wood doors to you.

Oh, P.S.  My potted plant next to my little outhouse (as shown in my previous posting), well.....one of the horses decided it looked really yummy and managed to lean over my temporary fence and eat most of the plant and then apparently thought not only was a few tasty bites enough, but the whole plant would probably be delicious!  So she pulled the whole plant out of the pot, but I guess it got caught on the fence because I found the remnants on the ground!  Needless to say on that spot of the fence I added additional height, so we will see if I have won this battle or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment