Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Cottage of Peace and Love


You know how men have the Man Cave, well I have a Girly Haven.  My husband and I built a little cottage for us girls that I have had a blast decorating (a lot of stuff I had been collecting from antique stores over the years).  It was originally to be referred to as the craft house, since my daughters and I enjoy doing crafts, but we had to change the name we called it from the Craft House to The Cottage (people would think we were saying crack house and then tease us mercifully).  And it does look more like a cottage than a craft house anyways.  Not only that, but it has become a place of family history for my girls.   I made a little scrapbook that has pictures of each item in the cottage and then tells the story of the object, so that my girls will have the history of each keepsake.  It has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun and I loved every minute.  The Cottage is dedicated to my girls and one side of the back wall is dedicated to my oldest and her love of acting and the other to my youngest and her love of horses.  When my oldest comes to visit, she stays in the cottage, my youngest enjoys doing her school projects in it and I sometimes just go out there to read and look through my decorating books or watch girly movies (my husband, being the only male, banned all musicals from the house to the cottage).  Every now and then one of the cats or dogs sneaks in with us and enjoys laying around and taking naps in the pure peace the cottage offers.


My Cottage
A Great Place to sit and read

Or Take a Nap


Take some Time Off





Photos: Lola

2 comments:

  1. You have pictures!!! Did you get the book? Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola~! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! Holy cow. And so happy to see your blog... gotta read the rest, now :) Love to you, Whitney, Hannah and Phil (and all the animals!)

    ReplyDelete